Friday, June 3, 2011

Review: The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen

This is going to be the first review for my new blog. If you want to read my others reviews, you can check them on my Goodreads page, or in my Librarything page. See ya!





The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen
Fallen Star Series (#1)
Young Adult
450 pages (Paperback)
Published by CreateSpace (April 11, 2011)
ISBN-10: 1461052149
ISBN-13: 978-1461052142


Synopsis from Godreads:
For eighteen year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. Up until recently, she has been incapable of feeling emotion. And when she's around Alex, the gorgeous new guy at school, she can feel electricity that makes her skin buzz. Not to mention the monsters that haunt her nightmares have crossed over into real-life. But with Alex seeming to hate her and secrets popping up everywhere, Gemma's life is turning into a chaotic mess. Things that shouldn't be real suddenly seem to exist. And as her world falls apart, figuring out the secrets of her past becomes a matter of life and death.



My thoughts:


First of all, I love beautiful covers… Who doesn't, right? So, when I saw for first time this one, I just fell in love with it. This violet eye caught my attention immediately…. so that's the reason I wanted to read it so bad… But sometimes we think a book is going to be awesome, but at the end, It isn't… and we are disappointed… thinking that the only nice thing about the book was its cover…. BUT I'm glad to say, this wasn't the case… This book was a completely surprise. I wasn't expecting what I found in that pages…. and I'm still in shock. (I'm not kidding!)

The story is about Gemma… Oh, man, I loved her character… even though the story sometimes was sad and dark, I couldn't stop laughing with her. She said a lot of funny things, and she behaved in a completely different way to all the heroines from others YA books. In other stories, you can see a girl who is really mature, even she has 15 years old, and she decides to sacrifice herself for the good of humanity and all the world. But in Gemma's case, the only thing that she can think is… Run for your life!!!! I mean… she was real… she didn't want to suffer anymore, she wanted a normal life… 

Of course, there are other characters; Aislin, Laylen (I loved that guy), and Alex, of course. If you ask me, I would tell you I thought I was in front of another version of Edward Cullen (Twilight). He was the new handsome guy at school, and our Gemma was kind of crazy with him… But as the story progresses we find out that he's not so perfect at all, and their relationship (Gemma-Alex) is not perfect, either. They have a lot of misunderstandings that made it realistic, and kind of sweet and lovely. 

The plot is awesome. Is different. Completely different. When I started reading I thought I was reading another YA novel like any other, but the story started to change, and I was amazed. I don't want to spoil anything, because I think  this book is really great, and you need to read it. I almost cry once. The only thing I found, was that sometimes was a little bit predictable… But not so much. What I mean is that sometimes I knew what was happening and Gemma didn't. Maybe she is a little slow….

But well, like I said before, you should read it… It's a really nice book! Now I want to read the second one so bad!!! It's going to be called "The Underworld". Interesting… Pretty Interesting… hmmmmm!!!

My rating:

I Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!