Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: Bound by C.K. Bryant



Title: Bound
Author: C.K. Bryant
Series: The Crystor #1
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal Romance
Release Date:
October 8th 2011
Source: Author
Format: ebook
Buy the BookAmazon


When a photo shoot ends in tragedy, Kira discovers her best friend, Lydia, has been keeping a secret. Knowing the truth, and accepting it, will change Kira’s life forever and thrust her into a world of ancient curses, magical objects, and savage enemies. What happens next will challenge everything Kira knows about her world, herself and the shape-shifting warrior she’s falling in love with. No longer the timid mouse her mother accused her of being, but a woman who finds the mental and physical strength to endure and survive. 

BOUND is a heroic tale of true friendship, infinite sacrifice and untamed love.







BOUND tells us the story of Kira, a young girl like any other, with the normal problems of her age; her relationship with her mother and her stepfather, school and friends. But what Kira doesn't know is that her best friend Lydia is hiding something, and when suddenly Kira discovers the truth, she will find herself immerse in a completely different world. 

When you see this book for first time, it can look like any other young adult book; A normal teenager girl who discovers a really dark secret and now she needs to adapt to that secret, which is bigger than she could have ever imagined. But that is when the story gets much better.

First, the reader will find an amazing world full of myths and incredible creatures, so well done and so well created, that it's realistic, even though it's a supernatural book. I must say that I really enjoyed the way the author told the story where all the pieces fit perfectly, so there is no loose ends, and no inconsistencies.

Second, the author did a great job creating not only the story but also the characters, characters very well developed.  I really liked Kira, she is a really intelligent girl, always willing to sacrifice herself for her best friend Lydia. Lydia is so nice and so sweet, I loved the strong Altaria, and what can I say about Octavion? Even though I didn't like him too much at the beginning, I ended liking him a lot. 

So, what can I say? I really enjoyed this book, from the beginning to the end. I just couldn't put it down until I had read it completely. Now I can't wait to read the next book in the series, Broken.

So guys, if you haven't read Bound yet, and if you are fan of Young Adults books with good stories, full of action, romance and supernatural topics… I recommend you to read it. You won't regret it. 


Happy Reading! 








Love it!









Christine has always been a writer. Even before she could compose a single word with pen, she scribbled her version of cursive along the open page just to see what it looked like. As a teen, she swiped her dad's old Royal typewriter so her muse could breathe life into what her vivid imagination had created.
She's spent the last twenty-five years married to the man of her dreams and raising their two sons. After helping run the family restaurant for most of their marriage, Christine finally broken away to pursue her dream of being an author.
When she's not with her family or tickling the computer keys, she loves camping, reading, scrapbooking, listening to all kinds of music, and making new friends.
Christine currently living in the middle of sage brush and lava rock with a spectacular view of the Snake River Canyon in South Central Idaho.

13 comments:

  1. Idris, YOU ROCK! Thanks so much for reviewing my book. Your comments are so much better than I could have hoped for. I will be sure to include you in the BROKEN tour next spring.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!!! What an amazing review! I *have* read this book (lucky me!) and totally agree with your review. Yay for Chris & Kira!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds awesome! I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Will have to look at it! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had your words when I wrote my review, because I agree with you. Chris' book pulled me in and made me anxious for book two. What a great first book, I am so blown away. Put me on the list for book two, first notification!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review for what sounds like a must-read. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I'm really looking forward to reading BOUND.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful review. Sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks amazing! Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Chris! You're book rocked even in its drafts! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. HUGE thanks for everyone that stopped by. And thanks again for hosting this review, Idris. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!