Thursday, July 3, 2014

Manga Review: Kamisama Kiss by Julietta Suzuki (Vol.1-4)

Today is Thursday and it’s manga time! 

867628480 orig

I recently had the opportunity to watch an anime called Kamisama Kiss, which is based on a manga that has the same title and is written by Julietta Suzuki. Since I really enjoyed the anime, and I wanted to continue the story, I decided to buy some volumes of the manga. 

I just finished vol. 4, which is basically all what you can see in the animated version, but it has more depth, and some extras scenes that weren’t in the anime. I’m enjoying it a lot. It’s fun, and light, although I can sense some drama coming soon. It has some mystery and lots of fantasy. Great for those who want to learn a little more about Japanese culture as well!!!

Kamisamakiss4Skamisama hajimemashita c078 023

The characters are nothing you haven’t seen before, but together make the story more appealing. Nanami is a schoolgirl who is left homeless due her father’s gambling debts. For some reason, she ends up in a shrine, and becomes a deity. Tomoe is a Yokai, who lives at the shrine, and he is not very happy with Nanami. But of course, things will change… soon. 

Nanami and Tomoe are not the only characters in this manga. As the story moves forward, we meet more and more characters, and have the opportunity to discover new secrets, mysteries, and adventures. Like I said before, I finished vol. 4, and I have like 11 volumes left, so there are much more to read. 

So, if you are a fan of manga, shoujo, romance, and fantasy, I highly recommend you to try this one. It’s not the best manga you’re going to read, but at least is pretty good.

Happy Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!