Monday, June 13, 2011

Review: The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare & The Hall of Fame!


City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass  
by Cassandra Clare
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
Young Adult


From Goodreads:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy? 

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.... 
Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.



My thoughts: 



City of Bones was one of the first YA books I read a few years ago, when there was only a few YA books… or wait a minute! When I only knew a few YA books…  Clare showed me an amazing world, lovely characters, and a wonderful story…. And I fell in love with it. But believe it or not, I needed to wait almost 3 years to finish the story… (Please, don't ask me why...I don't know what was happening to me ¬¬ The books were there, and I didn't read them, and I don't know why!) But well, is better later than never. And now I'm happy I finally read them all….. 

(Now I need to wait for City of Fallen Angels : O Not another three years  I hope…  ) 

But well, like I was saying before, I fell in love with the story… It's awesome. The romance is spectacular… One of the best I ever read in a Young Adult book (Forget about Twilight). The tension, the suffering… OMG… It was awesome…. 

(I think I need to look in the dictionary for more synonymous to describe those books) Epic!!!! I was impressed… And I'm impress right now. 

There is action… Lots of action… mystery, romance, dark secrets, magic, fantasy, demons, vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc,etc… Those books have all you need in a book.  And the characters are really nice… they have their own problems, their own lives… so they are realistic!

So, if you haven't read this series yet, what are you waiting for? You're losing three great books…  (BTW, this is not an Ad : )


My rating:
The Best!


Wow, this is weird! I know you were waiting for FIVE STARS… But those books are better than five stars… so I decided to create a new rating system… Ok, I continue with the stars… but the really good books, books I consider a MUST-READ… books that are good in all possible ways… they are going directly to The Hall of Fame.


If you want to know more about the Hall of Fame, click here.


I'll be posting more books for The Hall of Fame soon… So, stay tune…  (Hey, this sounded good!)



See U Later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!